Alternative & Renewable Energy
Wyoming County Growing a Green Economy
Wyoming County, located mid-way between Buffalo and Rochester, is an ideal location for companies to GO GREEN. We are already leading the way in New York State in green energy. There are currently four wind farms, with a total of 237 windmills generating power - that's the most of any county in New York. There are two methane digesters located on Wyoming County farms that generate enough energy to power those individual farms as well as provide excess energy to the power grid. We're green and growing and invite your manufacturing and assembly company to visit Wyoming County to explore all the possibilities.Photo by Noble Environmental
- Our hardworking, productive workforce has a work ethic that enables them to out-perform neighboring counties, regions and states.
- Wyoming County's manufacturing workforce is significantly less expensive than you may be accustomed to paying - would you believe from 50 to 80% of the regional average!
- There is sizable acreage of dormant land that is ideal for growing cellulosic biomass if there were a local manufacturer.
- We have a number of metal related industries well suited for making component part.
- In the relaxed surrounding of our beautiful rural setting, you have access to Western New York's regional marketplace of 8 million people.
- Wyoming County's affordable, available buildings and sites are very competitively priced.
- We offer a competitive incentive package. We're ready to help you access business investment programs and can bundle incentives offered by State and County government, utilities and others to hep your bottom line.